Hey everyone! No code nor rant for this week’s article but just very good news: Learning Vaadin 7 has been published!
This new edition of Learning Vaadin describes of course what is new in Vaadin 7 as well has changes from v6 to v7, but also introduces some great additional stuff:
- Added a section about JavaEE integration: Servlet API, CDI and JPA
- Moved and updated stuff from add-ons to core platform, the best example is Server Push
- Added a section on a XML-based GUI feature with the Clara add-on - IMHO, this should be integrated into the core sooner or later
- Upgraded versions of Gatein (for portals) and GlassFish (for OSGi)
- Replaced Cloud Foundry PaaS with Jelastic PaaS as the latter is part of Vaadin offering
- After having evaluated some Spring add-ons, completely dropped Spring section, as I found none of them satisfying. Stay tuned however as Spring integration is on the roadmap. Stay tuned on morevaadin.com when it’s launched, I’ll probably want to play with it.
- Updated Maven integration - it’s not as easy as it was
- And much much more!